Registered charity numbers 288701 (England & Wales) / SC039479 (Scotland)
I hope to raise a significant amount of money for a great charity WaterAid by completing my row.
Why WaterAid ?
WaterAid is working to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. The international not-for-profit organisation works in 34 countries to change the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people. Since 1981, WaterAid has reached 25.8 million people with clean water and 25.1 million people with decent toilets. For more information, visit www.wateraid.org, follow @WaterAidUK or @WaterAidPress on Twitter, or find WaterAid UK on Facebook at www.facebook.com/wateraid.
- 844 million people in the world – one in nine – don’t have access to clean water close to home.
- 2.3 billion people in the world – almost one in three – do not have a decent toilet of their own.
- Around 289,000 children under five die every year from diarrhoeal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation. That’s almost 800 children a day, or one child every two minutes.
How we can help?
- Every £1 invested invested in water and toilets returns an average of £4 in increased productivity.
- Just £24 can provide one person with clean water.
- To Find out if countries are keeping their promises on water and sanitation, see online database www.WASHwatch.org.
Donate Now At: